Last weekend I headed home to New York before heading to Philadelphia for work for the week. It was nice to spend a little time with Marley and Bob. I also picked up a new pair of kicks from Fleet Feet while I was home.
Mizuno Wave Rider 16. I’m loving these!
I am also loving my new Cuisinart SmartPower Blender Series.
I highly recommend it!!
Another thing I’m loving lately is horseradish. I can’t get enough of it lately…Strange.
Anyway, I was able to keep up on my workouts while I was away and I ate relatively healthy with a little indulgence in some pizza (it had been over four months since my last slice) and a brownie sundae (which was excellent!).
This morning I headed to the gym to work my shoulders and do some cardio. For my shoulder workout, I did day 46 of the LiveFit Trainer and followed it up with 30 minutes of cardio (stepmill and row machine – 15 minutes each)
After my workout, I headed home and fixed myself some protein pancakes before heading out to International Plaza for a little shopping. I tried on a bunch of clothes and picked up a few things along the way. Once I was finished, I headed home for some lunch (chicken and ½ sweet potato) and then I enjoyed a pedicure before heading over to Target to pick up some essentials. By the time I got home, I was ready for dinner!
Mahi Mahi with Red Pepper & Pineapple
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or any other oil)
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless mahi mahi fillets
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Season both sides of mahi mahi with salt and pepper. Add fillets to skillet and cook for approximately 3-4 minute per side, until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add pineapple and bell pepper to skillet and cook on medium for approximately 4 minutes, until soft, stirring occasionally. Add mahi mahi back to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Arrange mahi mahi on top of cauliflower rice (or couscous, brown rice, wild rice, etc.) and roasted asparagus. Garnish with fresh chives.
It was almost too pretty to eat!
I’ve been pretty busy these last few weeks so I haven’t had a lot of extra time to commit to my blog. Hopefully, this week will be a little easier on me.
Have a good one!